Find rewarding disability support worker jobs in Melbourne
Melbourne has long been regarded as one of the world’s most livable cities. A rich tapestry of cultures and lifestyles have made Melbourne a very desirable place to call home. If you’re looking for work in Melbourne, you’ll find rewarding disability support worker jobs Melbourne-wide at Melba Support.
Melba is a registered NDIS provider Melbourne caring for people with disability of all ages. Melba is always looking for quality support workers to assist people supported in various locations across the city.
The best news is you don't need to have previous experience. Melba provides all the training and pays all your training and on-boarding expenses to get you started, Ts&Cs apply.
· already work in disability or aged care
· be studying for a completely different career path
· work in retail, a trade, customer service
· have never worked in disability before
· have been out of the workforce or retired for a while
Irrespective of your situation, if you love people, and desire to assist a person with disability to live a fabulous life, then you’re in the right place.
What does a disability support worker do at Melba Support?
With any disability support worker jobs, the role of a support worker is to assist a person supported to live life independently.
As a support worker with Melba, your role can include:
· assisting the person with personal care tasks (eating, teeth cleaning, washing, etc.)
· assisting the person to plan, prepare, cook meals
· ensuring the correct medication is taken
· assisting the person to develop other life skills
· taking the person out to see a movie, enjoy a meal, visit a local attraction
· assisting the person during community activities
· and more
For more information about what it’s like being a support worker, watch some testimonials here.
Being a support worker also has other rewards. The leader of one of the supported independent living homes won a prestigious National Disability Services (NDS) Award in fierce competition, selected from 650 applicants nation-wide. Click here to read more.
Melba offers competitive benefits
Melba is focussed on consistently delivering a high standard of services to people supported and a high standard of employment for all staff.
Some of the benefits include:
· job flexibility
· job security
· work locally
· out of pocket expenses covered to get you started, Ts&Cs apply
· support from Outcomes and Operations Managers
You will be trained in everything you need to know to the point where you are a qualified support worker with Melba Support.
Ready to start? For details of job vacancies and to apply, contact us now.