Find quality respite care in Ballarat for children and adults
Ballarat is a town northwest of Melbourne, rich in heritage preserved from the gold rush days. Locals and visitors alike enjoy taking a break and visiting the many attractions such as Sovereign Hill and Lake Wendouree.
Carers need to take short breaks as well. If you’re looking for respite care in Ballarat, you’re in the right place. Melba Support has professional respite services in Ballarat to support the one you're caring for.
Caring can be stressful and so a break will help you recharge your batteries and give you time to do other things. This is where Melba Support Services steps in. Melba is a registered NDIS provider Victoria.
Whether the break is overnight or for a few days, it gives you the time you need. It also gives the person you care for a fully supported break in a fresh, homely environment.
Melba offers dedicated respite services for:
The stay could be:
· a few days
· several days over the school holidays
Melba respite services are tailored to the person's needs and interests.
Melba respite services in Ballarat offer great activities for people with disability
There are loads of fun activities a supported person can do in Melba Respite Care. These activities are designed to increase confidence and independent living skills.
· socialising with others and making new friends
· going to the movies or enjoying a meal out
· a favourite sport
· sensor activities
· visiting parks and local attractions
· participating in events in the community
· enjoying in-home activities such as reading books, arts, crafts
· playing games on Xbox and Wii
With Melba, it's an important break for both you and the supported person.
High quality respite services
As a registered NDIS provider Victoria, Melba respite care in Ballarat has dedicated support staff to ensure all the needs of the individual are met.
· daily tasks, such as meal planning, preparation and cooking (where applicable)
· personal care, such as showering, teeth cleaning and dressing
· developing other independent living skills
· taking medication correctly and on time
Melba can take over the caring for a while, giving you the break you need to maintain wellbeing and attend to other matters.
In Ballarat, our respite homes are located in:
· Ballarat Central (Children and adults)
· Miners Rest (Adult's respite)
· Sebastopol (Children's respite)
The person you support is in good hands with Melba.
Speak to us today about accessing Melba respite services.
Click on Contact Melba Support.