Where to find respite services near Bairnsdale
In the east of Gippsland, Victoria, is the rural town of Bairnsdale, located on the Mitchell River which flows out to Jones Bay. If you’re a carer looking for respite services near Bairnsdale, you’ll find Melba Support children’s respite homes not too far away, in Sale. Melba Support will do the caring for a while to give you the break you need.
Melba is a registered NDIS provider Gippsland where people supported can stay:
· for a night
· for a few days
· over the school holidays
· or some other length of stay as arranged with Melba Support
Melba’s qualified staff tailor respite care to the needs and interests of the person supported. This makes it possible to get the most out of the short stay.
What people with disability do at Melba respite care
Supported people can engage in numerous fun activities during the stay. These activities assist the person to grow in confidence and improve individual independent living skills.
The activities include:
· making friends
· going out on the town to see a movie or enjoy a meal
· playing a favourite sport
· visiting local attractions
· community activities and events
· sensor activities around the home
· playing Xbox and Wii games
· reading, arts, and crafts at the home
The activities are both fun and educational. It makes it well worth the drive to Sale to experience the best respite services near Bairnsdale.
Melba respite services are quality short term accommodation and assistance
Carers need to take a break to look after their own wellbeing. You can do this knowing the person you care for is in good hands at Melba respite care. As a registered NDIS provider Gippsland, Melba makes a solid commitment to a high quality of respite care.
This includes assisting the supported person with:
· meal planning, preparation, cooking (where applicable)
· teeth cleaning and other personal care
· developing independent living skills
· ensuring the correct medication is taken on time
You’ll find several Melba respite homes located across Gippsland, in:
· Sale (Adults and children)
· Traralgon (Adults)
· Warragul (Children)
Melba also has an office in Bairnsdale, along with supported independent living homes in Bairnsdale for full-time support and accommodation.
Click on contact Melba Support.