Looking for the best NDIS provider in Victoria can be daunting. There are so many to choose from. Not only are there registered providers, but there are providers who aren't registered. To help you understand the NDIS landscape more, this article is going to touch on a few key areas to make it a little easier for you.
· What an NDIS provider is
· The most common services
· Additional services
· The services Melba offers
· Additional services from Melba for living a fabulous life
After reading this article, you should find it a lot easier to identify the best NDIS provider for your needs.
What is an NDIS provider Victoria?
To put it simply, a provider is an organisation that provides supports or products to a person with disability. The individual accesses these supports through their NDIS plan.
For an organisation to be an NDIS provider, they have a choice of whether they register or don't register with the Australian government body called the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission). As a registered NDIS provider, organisations must meet the NDIS Practice Standards and adhere to the NDIS Code of Conduct.
When looking for the right NDIS provider in Victoria for your needs, it is recommended you go with a registered provider; an organisation that is accountable to the NDIS Commission. It's the first thing to look for.
Supported services for people with disability
There are many different services being provided to people with disability thanks to the NDIS funding plan. By checking the individual services of each provider, you'll be able to determine if they have what you need to live the life you want and achieve your goals.
The most common services are:
· Core Supports
· Supported independent living
· Support coordination
· Respite care
· Specialist disability accommodation
There are other services unique to each provider such as cleaning and garden maintenance, complex care, therapeutic support, and other services. Some providers also offer additional services over and above this, to grow the independent living skills of the person supported.
After you've looked into the services the provider offers, it's good to look into any other services that focus on the person supported.
Some questions you may want to ask yourself are:
· How big is the organisation on human rights and how do they assist people with disability?
· What are my goals and how can the provider I choose assist me to achieve these set goals?
· Can the provider support my needs?
· What creative outlets do they have?
· Do they offer supported holidays?
· How much are they involved in the community?
These are all important because they contribute towards the growth of the person supported, boosting self-confidence, and increasing independent living skills. That's what you need as part of your NDIS plan.
For a trusted NDIS provider in Victoria, you're in the right place.
Melba offers comprehensive support services for people with disability
Melba is all about empowering people with disability to dream big, be happy, and do what they choose and value. We assist you each step of the way, from accessing the NDIS, to plan management and providing the right support services for your needs.
Here's a list of our key services:
· Helping you access the NDIS
· Support coordination
· Core supports
· Respite for adults and children
· Individualised Support Arrangements (ISA)
· Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
· Supported Independent Living (SIL)
It doesn't stop there. Melba has many innovative services and programs that go above and beyond.
Melba's additional services
At Melba, we're fully committed to protecting and upholding the human rights of people with disability. People choose Melba because we support a person to achieve their goals and live the life that they want.
We do this through a comprehensive range of services along with fabulous additional services that our supported people are loving.
· Supported holidays. The supported person can go on a holiday fully supported by our qualified support worker
· Community Connections. Programs that are value-based to assist you in achieving your goals
· Yarra Ranges in a box. This is where supported people put together fresh produce for homes and local businesses
· Able Bakehouse. Supported people learn to cook in our own all abilities registered kitchen, do catering, make gift hampers, and more
· Harvest Collective. A program where supported people join in with school kids growing vegetables for a local school canteen
· Arthur Creative. Our own creative studio is where supported people can learn and do visual arts, performing arts, film and photography, screen printing, product development and more. Many of these products are available for purchase at our Arthur Range store.
Here's a great video of a supported person at Melba who made a film in the Melba Arthur Creative program.
Along with that, once you're a supported person at Melba, you can volounteer to be on Melba's ARROW group. The group is made up of supported people who access our services. Qualified staff teach the group to self-advocate, and advocate for other people with disability in the community.
Ready to get started with Melba?
With all the different support services available at Melba, people with disability can truly live the life they want, achieve their goals, and grow their independent living skills. If this sounds like what you've been looking for, join the hundreds of supported people who are living and loving life with Melba.
For more information and to discuss your plan and goals, contact us today.