As Victoria begins another COVID-19 lockdown, we are here to support you in this difficult time. If you need any help or support, please call us on 1300 MYMELBA (1300 696352).
Here’s the latest restrictions information from midnight Thursday 27 May 2021
5 reasons to leave home
· Shopping for food and essential supplies (within 5km)
· Exercise with one other person (within 5km)
· Work where working from home not possible
· To get vaccinated
· Masks must be worn at all times – indoors and outdoors – except your home (unless you have an exemption).
· Visit the Coronavirus website for up to date information.
· Check the exposure sites and get tested if required.
· From Friday 28 May, people aged 40-49 can book at vaccination centres. Information on vaccination bookings and centres.
What does the lockdown mean for Melba’s services?
In line with Government directions and in support of keeping everyone safe, we have made some changes to our services.
Disability group homes and specialist disability accommodation
All the homes remain open and our staff continue to support and care for your loved ones.
In line with Government directions, visits are now permitted to provide essential care. There is a maximum of two visitors per person per day and no time limits.
Please contact the group home staff first before you visit, to ensure it is okay to visit at that time.
Our non-essential day supports are now closed for the duration of the lockdown.
Short Term Accommodation and Assistance STAA (Respite services)
STAA will continue as normal during lockdown.
Individual supports in the home will continue however there will be no community access.
Caring for the people we support is our highest priority. We know that the changing situation is hard and we are here for you and your families.
Please stay safe and we will update you as we have more information.